If you suffer from back pain, there are a number of things that you could be doing unintentionally that are causing it. By correcting these issues and focusing more on your body, you should be able to easily reduce the amount of pain that you feel on a regular basis. Here are five ways to help reduce back pain:
- Stretch in the Morning: Stretching in the morning can greatly reduce the chance of you feeling back pain later on in the day. This is because your back will loosen from any strain put on it over night. The best thing would be to practice some back stretching, as well as hamstring stretches. As you sit or lie down, the hamstrings begin to tighten up, which can increase back pain.
- Don't Do Sit Ups: If you have back pain, avoid doing sit ups. While you do want abdominal strength, you can achieve it in other ways that won't put you in any pain. For example, you can do planks or side planks. This greatly improves abdominal strength. Just be sure that you are doing them correctly. 30 seconds or more should give you a great workout in the abs.
- Use the Car's Headrest: Another thing that you can do to give your back a break from strain is to use the car's headrest whenever you are driving. This provides a great break from you looking down at your phone or laptop. Lean your head against the neck rest and be sure that you are sticking your chest out so your shoulders are not slouching.
- Don't Sleep on Your Stomach: Sleeping on your stomach is really bad for your back. This is because you have to turn your head, which puts strain on your neck. Instead, sleep on your side with a pillow between your knees or on your back with a pillow underneath your knees. This is a great way to wake up feeling refreshed and with much lessened pain in the back.
- Don't Cross Your Legs: Crossing your legs while sitting in a chair puts your back in an unnatural position, which leads to back strain. It's important that your feet are flat on the ground and your back is as straight as possible. You will also want to be sure that when sitting in a chair and using your computer, you are facing your computer straight on, which is a great way to keep your neck in perfect alignment.
By knowing these ways to reduce back pain, you can easily begin to live a more functional and comfortable life. For more tips, contact a company like Vanderloo Chiropractic.Share